Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://repository.udca.edu.co/handle/11158/2353
Title: Anatomical variations of the origin of the labyrinthine artery in a brains sample in colombia
Other Titles: Variaciones anatómicas del origen de la arteria laberíntica en una muestra de encéfalos en Colombia
Authors: Vejarano, Paula Andrea
Sierra, Nicolás
Lovera, Laura Valentina
Hernández, Daniel Felipe
Sánchez, Dayana
Aragón, Natalia Jazmín
Aguilar, Camila Alejandra
Prieto, Paula Andrea
Quijano Blanco, Yobany
Rojas, Camilo
Rizo, Víctor Zein
Issue Date: 2019
Citation: Vejarano, P. A., Sierra, N., Lovera, L. V., Hernández, D. F., Sánchez, D., Aragón, N. J., . . . Rizo, V. Z. (2019). Anatomical variations of the origin of the labyrinthine artery in a brains sample in colombia. [Variaciones anatómicas del origen de la arteria laberíntica en una muestra de encéfalos en Colombia] Revista Facultad De Medicina, 67(2), 221-224. doi:10.15446/revfacmed.v67n2.68112
Series/Report no.: Revista Facultad de Medicina;Vol.67, No.2, 2019 páginas 221-224
Abstract: La arteria laberíntica transcurre a través del meato acústico interno hasta llegar al oído interno, aportando allí su irrigación. Se han descrito dos posibles variantes anatómicas de su origen: como rama directa de la arteria basilar o como rama de la arteria cerebelosa anteroinferior.
Introduction: The labyrinthine artery runs through the internal auditory meatus until the inner ear, providing irrigation. Two possible anatomical variants of its origin have been described: As a direct branch of the basilar artery or as a branch of the anterior inferior cerebellar artery. Objective: To identify the prevalence of labyrinthine artery origin. Materials and methods: A descriptive analytical study on the origin of the labyrinthine artery was carried out using quantitative methods in a sample of 29 brains obtained by convenience sampling. Results: It was established that the labyrinthine artery originated from the basilar artery in 22 (75.9%) brains; in the remaining 7 (24.1%), it emerged as a branch of the anterior inferior cerebellar artery. Conclusion: The origin of the labyrinthine artery in the selected sample has a higher prevalence in the basilar artery than in the anterior inferior cerebellar artery, finding that resembles some investigations contrasted with this study.
URI: https://revistas.unal.edu.co/index.php/revfacmed/article/view/68112
Appears in Collections:CCB. Artículos indexados en Scopus

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Variaciones anatómicas del origen de la arteria.pdf1,42 MBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open


This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License Creative Commons