Casuística en equinos de la Clínica Veterinaria Universitaria U. D.C.A en el periodo 2016-2017
Báez Lagos, Luis Carlos | 2019
The study of the case series was carried out analyzing the medical records between 2016 and 2017. During the period, 440 cases were attended in the area of large animals, 98.2% equines (429 cases), 1.8% cattle (8 cases). According to this case study, the study focused on the horses treated, identifying that 233 cases were the following, the most frequent age group of young patients (49%) aged between 0-50 months, depending on the origin, most of the animals 72% (309 cases), the remaining 28% of Bogotá, Meta, Tolima, Santander, Casanare, Bolívar, Huila, Quindío, Valle, Antioquia, Boyacá, Caldas, Caquetá, Guaviare and Norte de Santander. The main reasons for consultation were related to acute abdominal syndrome 37% (157 cases) and claudication 29% (124 cases), finding, according to the final diagnosis, the main systems related to skeletal muscle (41%) (175 cases) and digestive (40%) (173 cases), being the cases of Arpeo and the affections related to the colon the frequency of the presentation, the main treatment in the Clinic was surgical 67% (288 cases). The outcome of the cases was good with a survival of 85% (365 cases). The results of the present study, the amplitude and the varied casuistry in the equines, the main organic systems affected coincide with the reports the authors of the centers of specialized veterinary attention, the students and the veterinarians the information on the main pathologies found in the equines And they highlight the importance of priority attention.